Ramayana, Epic the Rmanayana, Temple carvings above the entrance, Rama, Sita, Lakshman, Far Beyond Rubies 18th cntury Historical Novel,

 


One of my favourite childhood stories was published in Tales From Around The World about Prince Rama’s exile from his father’s capital city, Ayodhya, to a forest with his companions, his wife, Princess Sita, and his brother Prince Lakshman. 

Years later I read Valmiki’s Ramayana a famous epic from India which rivals the Iliad and the Odyssey. Fascinated by it I described the three protagonists mentioned above in my novel Far Above Rubies.

I am delighted with the photo my friend who travels in India sent me of the carvings above the entrance to a temple. From left to right they are Hanuman, who with his army of warriors helped Prince Rama to defeat the enemy who held Princess Sita captive, a servant, Prince Lakshman, Prince Rama, Princess Sita, a servant and Jaytayu a demi-god.

I highly recommend the Ramayana one of my favourite books which I often re-read.

 

Far Beyond Rubies is available from Amazon and other online bookstores.

 

To read the first three chapters of my novel Far Beyond Rubies please visit my website.

 

www.rosemarymorris.co.uk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rocky Path to Novelist's Successful Publication

More Thoughts About How to Write a Novel

Love Affair with Writing