Rosemary Morris Historical Novelist

 

About Rosemary Morris

 

Writing a book is a solitary occupation. Every day, alone with my laptop, I work for eight hours.  During that time, I write, post on face book and elsewhere, and read historical non-fiction to research my new classic historical romance rich in period detail. Before self-isolation and lock down I visited places of historical interest to convey the lives and times of the protagonists in my tales of times, who are not 21st characters in costume.

As a historical novelist I don’t think it is possible to portray every minute fact about the past accurately, but I have a responsibility my readers to thoroughly research the era in which my novels are set.

When my words flow well, I am tempted to work for many hours without a break, which would be detrimental. Writing is mentally and physically tiring, so I have a five-minute break every hour, during which I stretch and exercise my eyes. If the weather permits, I work in my organic garden. Prior to covid, I visited the health suite at the leisure centre to swim and enjoy the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.

I don’t want to be a writer in a garret but sometimes I wish I lived in an ivory tower with nothing to distract me from my imaginary companions. However, the daily chores, cleaning, washing clothes, shopping etc., keep my feet on the ground, so does time with family and friends.

 

Early 18th Century novels: Tangled Love, Far Beyond Rubies, The Captain and The Countess

 

Regency novels False Pretences. Heroines born on different days of the week, loosely connected series, Sunday’s Child, Monday’s Child, Tuesday’s Child, Wednesday’s Child, Thursday’s Child, Friday’s Child, and Saturday’s Child

 

Medieval Novel Yvonne Lady of Cassio. The Lovages of Cassio Book One. Book Two, Grace, Lady of Cassio will be published in August 2021.

 

The books are available from, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, BooksWeLove, Good Reads, Kobo, Smash Words, Wallmart and other online retailers.

 

To read the first three chapters of my novels please visit:

www.rosemarymorris.co.uk

http://bookswelove.net/authors/morris-rosemary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rocky Path to Novelist's Successful Publication

More Thoughts About How to Write a Novel

Love Affair with Writing