J.KRowling's favourite children's story.

 I am re-reading the autobiography of Elizabeth Goudge, who among many other enthralling novels, wrote J.K.Rowling's favourite children's novel, The Little White Horse, which, since childhood I've read many times.

In a chapter with the title Storytelling she wrote.
"A book existing in the mind is one thing, enclosed there it is delightful company but when the glow beccomes an explosive personallity demanding to get out that is quite another. It must be got out or the writer will go mad, but getting the thing down on paper is a grinding slog. The thought of starting the process yet again fills one with dark despair.
... I don't know what other writers do in this miserable condition. I only know what I do. Sit down at the appointed time for work and stare in terror at the empty sheet of paper before me. How many of these blank, white pages must be covered with hideous black marks before the book is finished? Hundreds of them."
Like
Comment
Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rocky Path to Novelist's Successful Publication

More Thoughts About How to Write a Novel

Love Affair with Writing